Thread: Hockey

Hockey

Reading a few Sports items today, and also seeing one on a Sports clip on television, I have to admit I'm highly anxious about the finals. I just hope Vancouver can come out winning the Stanley Cup!

I'm not much of a Hockey Fan personally but I do find it exciting the Canuckleheads are in the Playoffs and doing so well. I must admit that I've been watching since the first round and really hope they can pull it out against Boston.

Of course this probably means we'll be hearing plenty from Don Cherry so I guess I'll be switching the channel frequently.

My Daughter Rules!

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    Then, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Don Cherry's "Coaches Corner" has been on a lot already. I used to watch him but, for some reason, find it hard to do now.

Manny Malhotra cleared to play in the finals for the Canucks! I'm SO happy!

Quote Originally Posted by luba View Post
    Manny Malhotra cleared to play in the finals for the Canucks! I'm SO happy!
    So yesterday I hear on the News that this isn't necessarily true!

The Finals start tonight and I'm trying to keep my anxiety on an even keel. Is that possible?

What a game! With 18.5 seconds left in the third period, Raffi Torres scored the lone goal in the game for the Vancouver Canucks.

Tampa 2012!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Tampa 2012!!!!
    Dreamer! Both you and your Dad!

I hope the Canucks do a LOT better than on Monday night's game! I hope they win the next two, win the Stanley Cup, so I can start breathing again without anxiety attached.

Who gives a ****!!!! TAMPA 2012... I was crushed went my Lightning went out in the Easter Conference Final. I have been watching the Finals, and the Nuckers have looked great, then ****ty!!! Game 6 tonight, if they win, the Sutherberg's are going to the parade, me, I am the killjoy in the group.....The whole family is going for the Canucks, and personally, I could not care if they crashed into a manure truck on the way to the game, and their bus spontaneously com-busts. But we are still going to go to the parade when they win, me, only for the kids sake!!!

I'm living on one raw nerve at this point. If Vancouver doesn't win tomorrow night I told my husband I will never watch Hockey again. I will turn to Baseball as there are no MLB teams in B.C. so I won't get as anxious as I am now along with many Vancouver Canuck fans interviewed on television. Thank Goodness the series will be over tomorrow night, however it goes. If it had continued any longer, men in white coats would be coming to get me!

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Who gives a ****!!!! TAMPA 2012... I was crushed went my Lightning went out in the Easter Conference Final. I have been watching the Finals, and the Nuckers have looked great, then ****ty!!! Game 6 tonight, if they win, the Sutherberg's are going to the parade, me, I am the killjoy in the group.....The whole family is going for the Canucks, and personally, I could not care if they crashed into a manure truck on the way to the game, and their bus spontaneously com-busts. But we are still going to go to the parade when they win, me, only for the kids sake!!!
    You and your Dad, both! Your Dad not only said that the Canucks would lose last night, but actually named the exact score, too!

Vancouver didn't get the Cup and though that was disappointing, I guess what a person has to take from that, is that they had a Great season and played well throughout. That game was totally overshadowed by the horrific showing from people who came there to cause chaos and trouble, and make us totally ashamed to admit we live in B.C. Those of us that love living here, have to find a way to put this behind us and show the World that we are mostly decent people and shouldn't be judged by troublemakers.

Christian Erhoff from the Vancouver Canucks traded to Islanders. I'm glad Kevin Bieksa is staying.

Christian Erhoff seems to be on the move and doesn't know it!

BUFFALO, N.Y. - Defenseman Christian Ehrhoff(notes) has a big surprise waiting for him when he wakes up at his home in Germany. Ehrhoff will learn he's with his third team in two days after the Buffalo Sabres acquired the free agent-to-be's rights Wednesday.

"He's fast asleep. He doesn't know," Ehrhoff's agent, Richard Curran, told The Associated Press. And that leaves Ehrhoff and the Sabres about 36 hours to negotiate a deal before the NHL's free agency period opens Friday afternoon.

In the latest bold move made under new owner Terry Pegula, the Sabres acquired the rights to the veteran defenseman from the New York Islanders for a fourth-round pick in the 2012 draft. The move was made a day after the Islanders gave up a fourth-round pick to acquire Ehrhoff's rights from Vancouver.
    Islanders trade Ehrhoff's rights to Sabres - NHL - Yahoo! Sports

Hockey playoffs start tonight! Very excited!

Phoenix Coyotes managed to stay alive in the series. Really good game today.

New York and New Jersey tied 2 games apiece. New Jersey won last game 4 - 1.

Great game between LA and Phoenix but, alas, Phoenix lost. LA is in the finals and now we must wait to see who wins between New York and New Jersey; game is tonight.

New Jersey up 3 games to 2.

LA up to games.

My heart was in my throat and then finally able to also breathe once the Boston Bruins scored and tied the series with Chicago. Of course, it makes it more exciting since I've got two small bets with two people.

Both games were great and very exciting; both went into overtime.

Thread Information