Favorite Horror Movies

What are your favorite Horror Movies of all time and why?

'The Shining'-watching Jack Nicholson spiral into insanity; the gripping writing of Stephen King which make good movies.
    'Cujo'-the huge suspense; heart-in-my-throat watching it.

Mirrors is my favorite horror movie its really very nice movie!!! i was seriously scared after watching it!!!

I've never even heard of mirrors before. May have to check it out now

My Daughter Rules!

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    Then, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

I just read a synopsis of "Mirrors". If I ever watch it, I want to make sure someone is there with me, I wouldn't watch it alone as any other horror movie.

Though I am a huge fan of good horror movies I love to watch most scariest movies such as Mirror, Evil Dead and both are my favorite movies.

yup DRAG ME TO HELL was the most horror movie and then 2ndly i am a big of the MIRRORS!! both are awesome movies

Quote Originally Posted by mariajames View Post
    Mirrors is my favorite horror movie its really very nice movie!!! i was seriously scared after watching it!!!
    I love Mirrors! I also like the classic Nightmare on Elm Street. Absolutely love Freddy Krueger!

Okay, you know what - I just saw the trailer to Mirrors, and I DON'T THINK SO.....LOL! And if I do watch it, whose coming to hold my hand when I go to the bathroom.... Okay, let me see if I can find some more to watch. It seems to be very scary. Now that is what I call a horror movie... WHEW!!!!

I haven't seen "Mirrors" yet...don't know if I will.

Hi,
    Horror movies turned to self-mocking irony and down-sight parody in the 1990's when the teenagers in "Scream" often made a reference to the history of horror movies.

Thanks

The Shining, a classic! I also dig the Pet Sematary.

This the first quote on horror thread since 2012. Time then it was resurrected. My all time favorite spookie movie is the 1960 Gothic thriller The Innocents. This is based on the popular The Turn Of the Screw novel by horror maestro Henry James. It tells the story of a young governess in Victorial England who is employed to care for boy and girl siblings living with a middle aged housekeeper in an decrepid and remote country mansion. Shortly after her arrival the goveness finds herself in a waking nitemare when she sees ghostly visions of a man and a woman in various parts of the vast estate. Thus begins a battle between good and evil as the strangers try to possess the children. In my view this chilling black & white film is a masterpiece of the horror genre.

Who likes quizzes? I have run movie quizzes on other threads with great success. So I shall try similar on MT. I will test the waters with a Horror Screenshot quiz. Name the following film. I have just discovered that I can not upload a screenshot here?

The Void is my favourite horror movie.

A new synopsis horror quiz for MT members.. This genre entails, psychological, supernatural, fantasy or surreal categories. They can be either American, European or Brit productions. I will kick the first ball. A Brit gothic fantasy/horror film from 1984 with a wild creature as the theme.
    Last edited by chillingfilmania; 08-15-2017 at 02:12 AM.

Thread Information