Thread: Taken

Taken

My daughter and I were at Wal Mart this weekend and added a few movies to our library. One of the movies she picked out was Taken starring Liam Neeson.

The plot isn't anything new, a rampaging dad who will stop at nothing to find his daughter even if it means killing and tearing a city apart. Honestly, the plot line itself and the fact that Liam Neeson isn't really someone I'd consider an action star had me second guessing from the start.

Quite honestly, I didn't even want to see the movie.

Not far into the movie, Liam is helping to protect an up and coming, young female pop idle during one of her concerts. Security breaks down a bit and it falls in Liam to get her out of the Concert Hall both quickly and safely. From around a dim lit corner comes a knife yielding would be assassin and Liam gives him 3 seconds of bad ass (maybe not even 3 seconds it happened so fast).

This one scene got me interested so alright, I'm in; let's see what else he can get up to.

The story progresses and pretty soon his daughter is off to Paris with her best friend for reasons that were not made aware to Liam. It turns out Liam's daughters best friend is a complete tool and puts them in danger minutes after getting off the plane.

Well it's not long until all hell breaks loose and Liam's daughter is Taken. Liam actually gets a chance to talk to one of the unknown kidnappers on the cellphone and it's a pretty good one way discussion.

Anyway, Liam jets over to Paris and starts aggressively searching for his daughter as he's been told he only has a 96 hour window to find her until she disappears forever. This is where the story begins and it does not disappoint.

If you are curious about whether or not Liam can ever play a bad ass, you need to see this movie. Not only that but it's Liam Neeson folks, good or bad he always brings a level of authenticity and class to the screen in any role he plays.

I will admit though that he's pretty far away from Schindler on this one.

My Daughter Rules!

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    Then, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

When I saw the preview a while back, I remember thinking that I need to see this movie. Thanks for the reminder, Duke.

You won't regret it Lu, it's a really good movie.

My Daughter Rules!

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    Then, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

I haven't watch this yet. Is this good enough?

Thread Information