Thread: Mrs Doubtfire

Mrs Doubtfire

Mrs Doubtfire is an amazingly funny picture starring Robin Williams and Sally Field.

There is something about this picture that touched most people hearts and seeing Robin dressed up in womens clothes is something else. Now Robin Williams is not an actor that im keen on, but he passed it off with the aid of an amazing storyline......

Taking us from incredible highs and laughter to the deepest sadness when his scheme was discovered, you would have to be a "Concrete Zombie" to have avoided laughing or crying.

This would certainly rank in the Top 20 family pictures of all times.

Did you like this film? If you are seperated from your children can you understand the effort he went to so that he could ensure that he saw them often?

A film to be enjoyed by all and a strong 8.5 on my scale

I haven't seen this film and bypassed it when it was shown on television. With your description of the film, snooks, you better believe I won't pass it by again.

Actually Luba, Mrs. Doubtfire is worth seeing regardless of whether or not your even a Robbin Williams fan (which I am not). It's a nice, clean, family story that paints a picture of how difficult it is for a father to be split from the family and living away from his children.

Many women either don't know or just don't care to know how much their control over the kids and the fathers visitation schedule makes everyone suffer.

My Daughter Rules!

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    Then, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

I will definitely see it the next time it comes on just by what Duke and Snooks posted about the movie. I like Robin Williams very much and think he is a very good actor.

"Mrs. Doubtfire" has already been on a few times (my husband and I check listings faithfully) and now I'm sorry I missed it.

Oh Luba, you have got to see it This film has every emotion in it and truly is a very one of a kind film.

Actually talking about it has rekindled an urge in me to see it again so it may well be on next Saturday night at my house.

Its a helluva drive but pop on over for tea and the movie, if you get the time LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Snooks View Post
    Oh Luba, you have got to see it This film has every emotion in it and truly is a very one of a kind film.

Its a helluva drive but pop on over for tea and the movie, if you get the time LOL
    Thank you, Snooks!

I will make every effort to keep my eye on the listings, and won't miss it the next time, for sure!

I love an emotional film where I could have a good cry, too! You should have seen me when I watched "The Notebook", funny story. It sounds like this one would provide me with the same kind of emotion.

OMG, I just can't believe my luck! Since this movie was mentioned here and I was silently berating myself for not having taking the opportunity to see it when it was on, I wondered how long before it came on again. For some unknown reason, I was checking listings for tomorrow on the Computer (very, very seldom do I go to the day ahead) and there it IS, on tomorrow night! I'm going to record it and keep it because it sounds like I will really love it! Thanks for your comments, guys!

Awesome news....LOL.....You will love it for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Snooks View Post
    Awesome news....LOL.....You will love it for sure
    Can hardly wait! If I love it as much as I think I will by what's been mentioned here, I sure will have you to thank! I ALWAYS love a good, emotional movie.

When it rains it pours! Checking Television listings for today, I found "Mrs. Doubtfire" listed on another channel for tonight!

I'm off now to watch the one I recorded!

I just finished watching this incredible movie and am all choked up!
    It's absolutely heartwrenching to know how Dads suffer when the parents break up, especially not being able with their children. It's no wonder children feel so lost, too.

Robin Williams is a Genius, IMHO; and just watching him with every nuance, especially his sadness and loss of his children make me want to cry all over again.

Thank you very much, Snooks, for posting this thread. I'm glad I recorded it to keep to watch it again!

I really liked the fact that the movie focused on what little power the dad actually has when mom has full custody of the children. As much as I love Sally Fields in this movie, I didn't like that she seemed to come around in the end because that took a little of the authenticity away from the show for me anyway.

Aside from that, I thoroughly enjoyed Mrs. Doubtfire and that's saying a lot as I really don't like Robin Williams all that much.

My Daughter Rules!

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    Then, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Well im glad you enjoyed it Luba

Like i said at first, im not a fan of Robin Williams but this film was so sensational that i managed to forget that he was the actor.

Its a definate 9.8 on the Snooks Scale

I have always been a fan of Sally Field. I've become a fan of Robin Williams from "Insomnia", "Patch Adams", "Awakenings", and now "Mrs. Doubtfire". He has an endearing way of getting the most out of a part he plays, IMHO! I really felt his devastation of losing his kids in "Mrs. Doubtfire", his sadness became my sadness. When anyone could draw such emotion from me in a movie, they have my vote as a great actor/actress.

The actress that made me feel the same way was Bette Davis. To this day, IMHO, I don't believe any actress has been able to play a b1tch or a dying scene like Bette.

Thread Information