Thread: Golf

Golf

Darren Clarke won the British Open. Rain and wind followed the Golfers. It looked like Phil Mickelson had a chance as he did great in the front nine, he tied with Darren Clarke. Things went downhill in the back nine though. It looked like Dustin Johnson had a good chance as well, but it wasn't to be either.

A weekend of 'The Masters' Golf Tournament. One of my favourite golfers, Fred Couples, is on top of the leaderboard with Jason Dufner. My other favourite, Phil Mickelson, had a difficult first round but a much better Round 2. Tiger Woods had a difficult day yesterday and excited to see what happens today.

Exciting and emotional finish; Bubba Watson won.

A true class act, Adam Scott from Australia, has won the 2013 Masters and had the Green Jacket put on him by last year's winner, Bubba Watson. This is Great for Australia who won the Masters for the very first time.

I'm crying as I type this as it's been a heartbreaking weekend for Phil and his fans, of which I am one! The story I am linking to below covers it all about this beloved person and golfer.

Quote:
    ARDMORE, Pa. Suddenly, everyone started running. Hundreds of fans jogged, then sprinted toward the 18th green. They clambered over ropes and trampled manicured fairways. Course officials, there to watch and monitor a normally serene golf crowd, flashed looks of panic in their eyes when they saw the mob.
    "MARSHALS!" one yelled. "We need HELP!"
    There would not be enough help. There were too many fans, too many people wanting to run at Phil Mickelson, wanting to see him make the chip that would go down in golf history as the shot that forced a playoff and saved his dream of winning the U.S. Open.
    Fans slid into bunkers, climbed trees, lost shoes. "This is not a good idea!" said one. "I'll never find my boyfriend!" wailed another.
    They ran anyway, kicking up mud and mire behind them like colts in spring. All for a 43-year-old lumbering rock star with a lopsided grin and a history of arthritis.
    All those unruly fans, rimming the final hole, finally held perfectly still when Mickelson bent over his shot. So few of them could see the ball around all the heads and shoulders, and nobody cared. They could hear. They could sense. They were there.

Quote:
    Then the moment was gone. Mickelson had missed his last chance at a tie for first with Justin Rose, finishing second in America's championship for a record sixth time. The fans turned and slouched away.
    Heartbreak. That's the word Mickelson used over and over again to describe what he called "very possibly" his most difficult loss. In U.S. Open history, he's the symbol of the near miss, right down to the way his putts rimmed the cup again and again on Sunday in a final-round 74 to finish two shots back. Mickelson, always in second place.
    Yet in golf lore, he's something else completely.
    There's no rhyme or reason to how Mickelson lost the U.S. Open again. It felt all day like greater forces were propelling him to win. On 14, after a drenching rain, the sun came out only moments before Mickelson dropped a beautiful chip within par distance. He made it. On 15, Mickelson heard the whoops and shouts of the gallery on his left as he walked, and a rainbow emerged on his right pointing down toward the 17th green where he hit the shot of his life only a day before.

Read more:

Y! SPORTS

Thread Information